Staying at The Bark Inn
Your small dog’s sleepover retreat
Your dog’s comfort is our number one priority. Which is why we provide a country retreat exclusively for small dogs that is not just warm and comfortable, but we also make sure there is enough space for them to play and stay active with the two and a half acres of dedicated guest areas.
We like to encourage enrichment for all our guests. The dogs have a selection of toys, water play, a sandpit for digging, and given room for friendly games of chase.
The guest lounge is equipped with comfy beds and a couch for relaxing while watching a movie or listening to music.
Our guests have the choice to lounge around inside, relax on the deck outside or have a game with others in the play area throughout our day while fully supervised.
We have rooms available so each dog has a dedicated space to sleep with their own bedding or one of our comfy beds during rest times, a selection of crates are available if your dog is used to being crated at night.
Please refer to our FAQ’s page for more information.
- Age – A minimum age of 5 months.
- Size – Exclusively for small dogs, standing up to a maximum of 42cm from ground to shoulder when adults. (Sorry no Bulldogs, Bull Terriers or Staffordshire Bull Terriers (Staffies) or crosses of these breeds).
- Social – As an off leash group play environment, all guests must enjoy the company of other dogs and be able to play in groups.
- Non-aggressive – especially with toys, food, objects, toward people, other dogs and over territory.
- Health – All dogs must be in good health to attend The Bark Inn. All dogs must be free from any conditions that could put other guests at risk. Dogs who have been sick with a transferable condition in the last 30 days will require a vet certificate of good health to attend.
- All dogs must be up to date on flea and worming treatments.
- Vaccines – All dogs must be up to date on Parvo, Distemper, Hepatitis, Leptospirosis and Canine Cough, and having received vaccinations no sooner then 14 days prior to attending The Bark Inn. (Vaccines due to expire during or within 2 weeks after boarding will need to be given prior to boarding). Proof of vaccinations or titer test results are required.
- Council Registration – All dogs must have current registration with their local council and have the disc or strap attached to their collar or harness.
- Males must be desexed by 7 months and no entire females while in season.
- Assessment – All new clients will require an assessment prior to being accepted. Guests who have not attended in over two months may require another assessment.
- Application Form & Records – Application form must be completed and submitted with proof of vaccines, microchip number and local council registration prior to an assessment day being booked.
An assessment for your dog will allow us to check their comfort levels, play style, and behaviours.
If for any reason we feel this is not the right environment we can offer you suggestions for alternate pet care.
All dogs are individuals and as such not all are suited to our environment, The Bark Inn is committed to making sure our guests have a happy, healthy and safe visit with every effort made to provide a low stress and fear free environment.
A reservation is set for your assessment date after submission of the form and records, please book well in advance of boarding needs.
The assessment costs $28.00 per dog.